A contemporary tourist cottage development on the shores of East Lake in Prince Edward County. Shore Club cottages feature modern green design and breathtaking views.
» Read More
The Clients have been working for a number of years to realize their dream of a community of five modern green year round cottages nestled in the woods on the shores of East Lake in Prince Edward County. The Shore Club engaged The Architect Builders Collaborative to bring their vision to life and guide the construction process.
The result: cottages that are modern and responsive to their surroundings. and that provide both prospect with stunning views and two story spaces and quiet refuge within the surrounding forest.
- A massive two-story tall ontario sourced stone chimney with modern wide fireplace that can accomodate 3′ logs.
- A light and airy open concept living / dining room framed in glulam structure with spectacular views to East Lake.
- A Big Ass Fan ™ to provide cooling in the summer.
- A modern kitchen equipped with bamboo cabinetry
- 2 bedrooms and loft space.
- Expansive Deck finished with reclaimed local barn board.
These Tourist Cottages are nestled into the forest on the south side to reduce solar heat gain. Their orientation and window placement takes advantage of the prevailing winds for natural ventilation. The specific location of each building was determined considering impact on the forest.
The buildings feature reclaimed local barn board as flooring and exterior decking. The stone chimney is sourced from an ontario quarry. Millwork is faced in FSC certified bamboo plywood. FSC certified glulam beams and columns create a sophisticated structure to allow the views to the north. Fresh air is conditioned by a Heat Recovery Ventilator prior to entering, thus reducing the load on heating and cooling equipment. Hot water is supplied by an on demand water heater reducing lost energy when not required.
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Status: In Construction
» Read Less