THE ARCHITECT BUILDERS COLLABORATIVE INC.
A little about us….
The Architect Builders Collaborative Inc was created in 2009 with a vision to fight climate change through transforming our built environment with creative design. We believe that our homes and workplaces should be healthy, comfortable, efficient, and above all beautiful spaces to be in. Making, maintaining, and using our buildings should be a pleasure, and a benefit to both the people in our lives and the planet we all share.
We respond to our Clients needs and wishes with designs that respect the location, orientation, natural and cultural features of the site. Applying our creative design and experience to your project, we strive to build no more than what you need. Our Clients usually find that they can actually build less, but thus afford better quality as a result of our design work.
We take great care to create beautiful, healthy indoor environments. We avoid known toxic materials and will always recommend the environmentally preferable solution. When there are cost implications to our choices, we will be clear about your options and offer alternatives to suit your budget.
Ultimately, we believe that great design should be green design and there is no need to choose between them.
These Core Values are the foundation upon which we build our projects, business, and reputation:
- Improving our environment
- Social responsibility
- Excellence in Customer Service
Meet our team of talented Green Architects & Designers
Daniel Hall, O.A.A.
Principle Architect & Director of Design
- As a licensed Carpenter and Architect, Daniel brings a unique perspective from his 15 years hands-on experience building prior to 19 years and counting in architecture. He has a deep rapport with builders and is adept at drawing on the knowledge and skills of the tradespeople that will be building your new premises.
- Like all of the team at TABC, Daniel is passionate about green design. He will advise you on the best approaches, materials, and decisions to ensure that your finished offices are healthy, welcoming spaces, keeping in mind the impact on budget and schedule.
ANA GASCON MARCO, OAA | RAIC | CPHD
Architect & Senior Designer
Ana joined The Architect Builders Collaborative in 2020, bringing her commitment to sustainable design and project management knowledge. With over 10 years of experience, Ana brings a focus on creating healthy and functional buildings, made for any budget. Ana’s problem solving and creative thinking leads to better projects and highly satisfied Clients.
Ana is a licensed architect in Spain and Ontario, and a Certified Passive House Designer (CPHD) with the Passivhaus Institut. Ana has been involved in a wide range of projects including multi-unit and single residential buildings, commercial, institutional, and interior commercial fit-out projects.
Salvador Altamirano, B.Arch.
- With a combination of over 12 years of experience in architectural design in Canada and Mexico. Salvador’s design skills, construction knowledge, project experience, and aesthetic sensibility will ensure that your project will meet all your needs in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Salvador has worked on many residential, commercial, and healthcare projects. He has experience working in office interior projects including some highly visible designs for BBVA Bancomer bank in Mexico, the Ontario Association of Architects Head Office retrofit and interior offices renovation, and the Japanese Cultural Centre exhibition hall among others.
Gabe Szombathelyi, M.Sc
Architectural Technologist & BIM Manager
Gabe moved from Europe to join TABC in early 2020. With a background in Architectural Technology and a Master’s degree in Sustainable Building he brings green concepts to life through building science led detailed design. Gabe has a particular interest in building performance and passive design strategies.
Having worked for a major architectural software company he also looks after TABC’s BIM process and ensures that we use our software in the most efficient way. As the office’s IT guru he’s also responsible for keeping our computers running.
Junior Architectural Technologist
- A soon-to-be graduate of the Architectural Technology Co-op Program at Sheridan College with a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management Tianjing Chengjian University in China, Siqi is an enthusiastic student who offers a strong technical background in drafting and 3D modelling to our team.
- Her work experience as a CAD technician with an exposure to coordination with project managers and carpenters has enriched her ability to assist with a cohesive and efficient project execution.
- Siqi looks forward to learning more from her co-workers and enhance her professional skills.
Assistant Marketing Administrator
Toronto-born singer songwriter, Alex began working with TABC this spring as a video editor and office assistant administrator. Having recently graduated from Seneca College’s Independent Songwriting and Performance program, Alex is very grateful for the opportunity to enhance her digital and organizational skills while working with TABC.
Since joining the company, Alex has transitioned from working mainly in administration, to assisting TABC’s marketing team in managing the company’s social media platforms, promotion releases, and client management.
As an independent musician running her own brand and business, Alex uses her graphic and social media knowledge to support TABC’s team, and is excited to continue learning, and supporting TABC the best she can.
Co-op Architectural Science Student
- Kim is a German-born designer and problem-solver with a passion for environmentally responsible design. Having grown up in Germany, Kim has been exposed to both North American and European Architecture education and practice.
- She is currently an Architectural Science Co-op student from Ryerson University, where she has gained a great amount of knowledge in building science and sustainable design.
- Kim is supporting The Architect Builders Collaborative with her design, drafting, and rendering skills in various laneway housing projects as well as with the exploration of a shift to modular design. She is eager to continue exploring new building technologies to contribute to a greener future.
Can you see yourself on our team?
Check out our Careers page to see if we’re hiring!