THE ARCHITECT BUILDERS COLLABORATIVE INC.
A little about us….
The Architect Builders Collaborative Inc was created in 2009 with a vision to fight climate change through transforming our built environment with creative design. We believe that our homes and workplaces should be healthy, comfortable, efficient, and above all beautiful spaces to be in. Making, maintaining, and using our buildings should be a pleasure, and a benefit to both the people in our lives and the planet we all share.
We respond to our Clients needs and wishes with designs that respect the location, orientation, natural and cultural features of the site. Applying our creative design and experience to your project, we strive to build no more than what you need. Our Clients usually find that they can actually build less, but thus afford better quality as a result of our design work.
We take great care to create beautiful, healthy indoor environments. We avoid known toxic materials and will always recommend the environmentally preferable solution. When there are cost implications to our choices, we will be clear about your options and offer alternatives to suit your budget.
Ultimately, we believe that great design should be green design and there is no need to choose between them.
These Core Values are the foundation upon which we build our projects, business, and reputation:
- Improving our environment
- Social responsibility
- Excellence in Customer Service
Meet our team of talented Green Architects & Designers
Daniel Hall, O.A.A.
Principle Architect & Director of Design
- As a licensed Carpenter and Architect, Daniel brings a unique perspective from his 15 years hands-on experience building prior to 19 years and counting in architecture. He has a deep rapport with builders and is adept at drawing on the knowledge and skills of the tradespeople that will be building your new premises.
- Like all of the team at TABC, Daniel is passionate about green design. He will advise you on the best approaches, materials, and decisions to ensure that your finished offices are healthy, welcoming spaces, keeping in mind the impact on budget and schedule.
ANA GASCON MARCO, OAA, RAIC, CPHD
Architect & Senior Designer
Ana joined The Architect Builders Collaborative in 2020, bringing her commitment to sustainable design and project management knowledge. With over 10 years of experience, Ana brings a focus on creating healthy and functional buildings, made for any budget. Ana’s problem solving and creative thinking leads to better projects and highly satisfied Clients.
Ana is a licensed architect in Spain and Ontario, and a Certified Passive House Designer (CPHD) with the Passivhaus Institut. Ana has been involved in a wide range of projects including multi-unit and single residential buildings, commercial, institutional, and interior commercial fit-out projects.
James Mallinson, OAA, MRAIC, CPHD, LEED AP
Architect & Senior Designer
James joined TABC in July 2021 with a 17 year background in post-secondary education, community centre and healthcare work. He has experience in developing complex projects with diverse client groups, project teams, and complicated construction approvals. Familiar with the many processes that give shape to projects, James is an attentive listener who is ready to work creatively with you to bring your project to life.
James is a licensed architect in Ontario and a Certified Passive House Designer and is committed to designing and building conscientiously, sustainably and appropriately. James has spearheaded sustainability and quality control initiatives in past offices and played an active role in mentoring younger staff.
Paul Dowsett, OAA
Paul is the founding Principal Architect of Sustainable. At the core of Paul’s philosophy and practice is the belief that design and construction solutions should be Simple, Sensitive, and Sustainable – and that they should be fully engaged with the community.
With more than three decades of local and international residential, institutional, and commercial sustainable design and project leadership experience, Paul is uniquely qualified to lead a highly collaborative design team for projects of diverse scales, types, and complexities.
Salvador Altamirano, B.Arch.
- With a combination of over 12 years of experience in architectural design in Canada and Mexico. Salvador’s design skills, construction knowledge, project experience, and aesthetic sensibility will ensure that your project will meet all your needs in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Salvador has worked on many residential, commercial, and healthcare projects. He has experience working in office interior projects including some highly visible designs for BBVA Bancomer bank in Mexico, the Ontario Association of Architects Head Office retrofit and interior offices renovation, and the Japanese Cultural Centre exhibition hall among others.
Gabe Szombathelyi, M.Sc
Architectural Technologist & BIM Manager
Gabe moved from Europe to join TABC in early 2020. With a background in Architectural Technology and a Master’s degree in Sustainable Building he brings green concepts to life through building science led detailed design. Gabe has a particular interest in building performance and passive design strategies.
Having worked for a major architectural software company he also looks after TABC’s BIM process and ensures that we use our software in the most efficient way. As the office’s IT guru he’s also responsible for keeping our computers running.
Jennifer Malka, B.A.S.
Born in Toronto’s east end, Jennifer obtained her degree from the University of Waterloo’s School of Architecture. She joined TABC in 2021 bringing with her over 10 years experience in the field of heritage architecture where she worked on the preservation and adaptive reuse of many of Toronto’s historic buildings.
Jennifer is also an amateur artist and mother of three. She enjoys the collaboration involved in designing functionally tailored spaces for families and invested clients. She is passionate about energy efficiency and creating healthier environments full of natural light and clean air.
Co-op Architectural Science Student
Emma Chudoba is a Ryerson Architectural Science Co-op student. She is working at The Architect Builders Collaborative, eager to dive into sustainable and green design. Her experience in the Architectural Science program has given her building science knowledge that she looks forward to building on during her work terms. Her passion for architecture stems from her various visits to visit her family in Germany.
Emma supports The Architect Builders Collaborative with her experience in design, rendering and drafting skills. She is very enthusiastic to learn more about sustainable and passive design that she hopes will one day be the standard building practice.
Junior Architectural Technologist
- A soon-to-be graduate of the Architectural Technology Co-op Program at Sheridan College with a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management Tianjing Chengjian University in China, Siqi is an enthusiastic student who offers a strong technical background in drafting and 3D modelling to our team.
- Her work experience as a CAD technician with an exposure to coordination with project managers and carpenters has enriched her ability to assist with a cohesive and efficient project execution.
- Siqi looks forward to learning more from her co-workers and enhance her professional skills.
Assistant Marketing Administrator
Toronto-born singer songwriter, Alex began working with TABC this spring as a video editor and office assistant administrator. Having recently graduated from Seneca College’s Independent Songwriting and Performance program, Alex is very grateful for the opportunity to enhance her digital and organizational skills while working with TABC.
Since joining the company, Alex has transitioned from working mainly in administration, to assisting TABC’s marketing team in managing the company’s social media platforms, promotion releases, and client management.
As an independent musician running her own brand and business, Alex uses her graphic and social media knowledge to support TABC’s team, and is excited to continue learning, and supporting TABC the best she can.
Co-op Architectural Science Student
- Kim is a German-born designer and problem-solver with a passion for environmentally responsible design. Having grown up in Germany, Kim has been exposed to both North American and European Architecture education and practice.
- She is currently an Architectural Science Co-op student from Ryerson University, where she has gained a great amount of knowledge in building science and sustainable design.
- Kim is supporting The Architect Builders Collaborative with her design, drafting, and rendering skills in various laneway housing projects as well as with the exploration of a shift to modular design. She is eager to continue exploring new building technologies to contribute to a greener future.
Can you see yourself on our team?
Check out our Careers page to see if we’re hiring!