The Collaborative Architecture believes that cooperation and collaboration will always bring better results than competition and secrecy. Especially in the realm of making affordable green design and contributing our skills as designers to making a better world for all.
To that end, we have fostered numerous close collaborations with fellow Architects, Designers, Consultants, and Builders. Some of the most special ones include:
We use the term ‘Of Counsel’ to recognize fellow Architects with whom we have a special, ongoing, close relationship but who are not employees nor partners in the business.
- Paul Dowsett, OAA [Of counsel]
- Paul is the founding Principal Architect of Sustainable. At the core of Paul’s philosophy and practice is the belief that design and construction solutions should be Simple, Sensitive, and Sustainable – and that they should be fully engaged with the community.
- With more than three decades of local and international residential, institutional, and commercial sustainable design and project leadership experience, Paul is uniquely qualified to lead a highly collaborative design team for projects of diverse scales, types, and complexities.
- Sandra Iskandar, OAA [Of Counsel]
- Sandra is a project architect, project manager and architectural educator with 20 years of acquired experience in the field of community, heritage, sport and arts and culture. Deep expertise in the overall implementation of capital infrastructure projects, providing technical and management functions from concept to post-construction. A strong leader with on-the-job site supervisory experience, an acute sense of design with advanced to develop strong relationships among user groups and project team.
- Fred Thompson (OAA retired), Prof. Emeritus University of Waterloo School of Architecture
- Fred Thompson has designed a wide variety of buildings and taught student s of architecture on 4 continents. His portfolio of built works include: Offices, Medical clinics, Bakery and Restaurants, Apartment buildings, single family housing, and a Japanese Temple.
- Over the course of his 40 year career, Fred has designed buildings in Canada, Sweden, Finland, England, Australia, Thailand, and Japan. Many of his local projects have involved the restoration and adaptive re-use of century old masonry buildings. His innovative work in the village of Elora provided a new tourist destination with the creation of the boardwalk along the Grand River gorge. By excavating the old foundations of the Mill street buildings, an entire new stretch of retail and commercial spaces were created with unique access from the boardwalk.
- Greg Papp
- Aisha Hassan
- Hanne Engineering
- Moses Structural Engineers Inc
- Razzmal Group Ltd.
- K H Davis Engineering Consultants Ltd
- Complete HVAC Design Inc.
- ZON Engineering Inc.
- Maxwell Building
- Women Who Build Stuff
- Evolve Builders Group Ltd.
- Rains Construction
- LiveWell Renovate
- Simple Life Homes
- Just Working
- Kingsmill Homes
- Sustainable Building Systems Inc.