For a limited time, the Home Energy Loan Program (HELP) is offering ZERO-interest loans and incentives to assist Toronto homeowners make their homes more energy efficient. HELP makes is easier for homeowners in Toronto to pay for home improvements over time. The Program allows homeowners to borrow up to $125,000 in order to cover your home energy improvements.
The Home Energy Program helps in covering energy improvements such as:
- Air-source heat pumps
- Tankless water heaters
- Solar hot water systems
- Rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) Panels
- Geothermal systems
- Window/door replacements
- Air Sealing ( e.g. weather stripping, caulking, etc.)
- High-efficiency water heaters
- High-efficiency furnaces, boilers, air conditioners
- Electirc Vehicle Charging (Level 2)
- and much more
If you are interested in advice on how to de-carbonize your home? Book a one-on-one consultation with green renovation expert Daniel Hall, OAA.
You may be eligible for a low interest loan through HELP if:
- You own a detached, semi-detached, or row house in Toronto ( The postal code of the property Must begin with ‘M’)
- All of the property owners in the title must consent to participate in the program
- In the past three years you must have no late property tax or utility payments
- You obtain a written consent form from your mortgage lender if applicable ( A customized Lender Consent Form will be sent if your property is subject to a mortgage)
Transforming your home to be more energy efficient is one of the most influential action that and homeowner can do to reduce emissions that contributes toward the climate crisis and global warming. Buildings and houses are one of the largest sources of green house gas emission in Toronto, this is due to the fossil fuels that occur while heating water. The City of Toronto is working towards reducing emission from all sources to net zero by 2040.
Have any other questions? Click below to get in touch with our team!